Policies & FAQ’s
We do all we can to make sure everyone has a great time while attending an event at our venue. We also recognize the need to provide safety and comfort for all fans. In order to accomplish this important task, the following ballpark policies have been established.
Ballpark Ground Rules
No smoking or vaping within Goodyear Ballpark. Goodyear City Code 11-1-18(C).
No trespassing on the field at any time.
Peddling or soliciting is prohibited.
Resale of tickets is strictly prohibited on ballpark property.
Foul, abusive language or obscene gestures will not be tolerated. A.R.S. § 13-2904.
Guests will refrain from displays of affection that are deemed inappropriate in a public setting.
Intervention with impaired or intoxicated guests will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
Guests are required to show their ticket upon request and sit only in their ticketed seat/area.
Guests interfering with the process of the game or going onto the field will be ejected and subject to arrest.
Fan Screening & Security
Major League Baseball security regulations include fan screening at all gates. Fans will be required to walk through metal detectors upon entry and are encouraged to arrive early to allow extra time when entering the ballpark.
Items allowed in the ballpark
All persons entering the venue are subject to search. The following items are permitted provided they do not interfere with other guests’ enjoyment of the game.
Food and beverages as follows:
- One clear, quart-sized sealed bag per person
- One factory-sealed plastic water bottle (non-carbonated and colorless water only) not exceeding 1 liter in size per fan
- One empty water bottle, including a sports bottle, is permitted
- Children’s single-serving juice drinks in factory sealed box or pouch package
- Baby formula and baby food
- Small bags not exceeding 16” X 16” X 8”
Other items that are permitted:
- Foam seat cushions (no frames)
- Small umbrellas not exceeding 36″ in diameter – must not interfere with other guests’ enjoyment of the game
- Baby strollers and diaper bags
- Non-commercial cameras (with lenses up to 8″) and video recorders
- Blankets or towels
- Banners that do not include obscene, political, or commercial messages and do not interfere with the game or block the view of any other guest
Items not allowed in the ballpark
The following items are prohibited from entering the ballpark:
- Cans, glass, hard-sided coolers and large bags or packages
- Firearms or deadly weapons in accordance with A.R.S. § 13-3102. and A.R.S. § 4-229
- Noise making devices or laser pens
- Action sports equipment such as skateboards, roller blades, scooters, bicycles, and shoe skates
- Alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs
- Large umbrellas and lawn chairs
- Commercial cameras (with lenses exceeding 8″) or video recording devices, tripods
- Animals and pets (except for service animals for guests with disabilities)
- Food and beverage items not outlined above in Items Allowed
- Obscene or indecent clothing
- Sparklers and/or other fireworks
Tickets & Seating
Can I purchase tickets by phone?
Yes. Season, group, and mini-plan (three or more games) tickets may be purchased through the Ticket Office by calling 623-882-3130.
Do I need a ticket for my one-year-old?
No. Children two years old and younger do not need a ticket as long as they sit on an adult’s lap. Tickets are required for those ages three years and older.
Do you have any seating in the shade?
The Arizona sun can be a bit much for visitors coming from colder climates. For those wanting to sit in the shade, we offer Club Seating under a shade cover in sections 106A, 106B, and 107A. The Right Field Pavilion is partially shaded, and you can also catch some shade in the upper rows of several seating sections behind Home Plate. View our seating chart.
Our ticketing staff is more than happy to assist you with your seat selections to ensure you enjoy your time at the ballpark. Give them a call at 623-882-3130.
And yes, we do sell sunscreen in the Team Shop!
rainout/ticket refund policy
In the event a regulation game (4 1/2 innings) is not played due to a rainout or other situation dictated by Major League Baseball, tickets may be either exchanged or refunded through the original method of purchase. For full details on our rainout/refund policy, visit our refund page.
Directions & Parking
Is there a fee for parking at the ballpark?
On game days, parking is free. Outside events may charge a parking fee. There is no charge to park on the street outside the development complex fields (tournaments). See more information on parking and directions here!
Where is accessible parking at the ballpark?
Accessible parking is located in the lot across from the Third Base Entrance. There is also a drop-off zone outside the Third Base Entrance as well as wheelchairs available at the gates for patrons needing assistance.
How far is Goodyear Ballpark from other cactus league facilities?
Goodyear Ballpark is within a 15-45 minute drive of all other Cactus League facilities. View a map of all Cactus League facilities here.
What time do gates open on game day?
Gates open 1.5 hours prior to first pitch.
Can I bring a lawn chair into the ballpark?
Lawn chairs may not be brought into the ballpark but may be brought to the fields at the development complex.
Can I bring my dog to the ballpark?
We only allow service animals in the ballpark.
Around the Ballpark
Can I take a tour of the ballpark?
While we don’t have set dates or times for tours, we can usually accommodate with a little notice. Please give us a call at 623-882-3120 and let us know when you’d like to see the facility.
What is the story with the statue in front of the ballpark?
We get this one a lot. The Ziz is a fiberglass sculpture created by world-renowned artist, Donald Lipski. It stands 60′ 6″ tall, representing the distance between home plate and the pitcher’s mound. Find out more about The Ziz here.
Is the Team Shop open year-round?
The Team Shop is only open seasonally, and closes immediately after the last game of the spring training season.
Food & Drink
Can I bring bottled water into the ballpark?
One clear, factory-sealed plastic water bottle not exceeding one liter in size may be brought in per person. In addition, you may bring in an empty refillable water bottle to fill at our bottle filling station.